/u/singinstringbeen on [serious] what do most people think you mean when you say ur asexual?

Almost all of my friends (that know, anyway) were pretty supportive. The vast majority don’t really know what that means, which is fine. They just think that I’m a bit prudish, but I’m fine with that...it makes the shocked looks/uproarious laughter at my occasional vulgar jokes that much more satisfying haha.

Others are genuinely curious and start asking rather personal questions, but I don’t really mind because I approach that sort of stuff from a very clinical perspective anyway. And I like teaching people things!

And a few...haven’t been as nice about it. Saying that “asexuality doesn’t exist” or trying to convince me I’m something else like being ace is a bad thing. But it’s no sweat off my back.

All in all, it’s been positive. They’re all fine with my other weirdness/quirks/eccentricities so they just take it as that I guess





September 10, 2020 at 11:38PM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.