The lost magic of meeting someone IRL

I recently met someone special in real life, probably the first time that's happened in at least six years. It made me realize how many elements of romance and courtship I've lost with OLD.

The cosmic feeling of being brought together by an unexpected twist in your evening, not an algorithm code. The crackling of neurons firing as your brain digests this new person in real time - rather than days of messaging like job candidates, checking off questions and boxes. The actual thrill of not needing to know the totality of someone right away - or even their name - when you're being pulled by some invisible string toward each other.

It felt different than my app dates: more boundless, more wild, more urgent. It was a kinetic soul connection that I had forgotten I could feel.

Does anyone else miss this?



Submitted September 01, 2020 at 08:41PM

I recently met someone special in real life, probably the first time that's happened in at least six years. It made me realize how many elements of romance and courtship I've lost with OLD.The cosmic feeling of being brought together by an unexpected twist in your evening, not an algorithm code. The crackling of neurons firing as your brain digests this new person in real time - rather than days of messaging like job candidates, checking off questions and boxes. The actual thrill of not needing to know the totality of someone right away - or even their name - when you're being pulled by some invisible string toward each other.It felt different than my app dates: more boundless, more wild, more urgent. It was a kinetic soul connection that I had forgotten I could feel.Does anyone else miss this?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.