/u/Tea_is_despicable on Advice on writing an asexual character.

Usual misconceptions about aces:

Ace people are too ugly to date so they say they choose to be ace to make themselves more comfortable

Ace people have to suffer trauma otherwise no sane person would avoid sex (some suffer but not everyone)

Ace people are 100% sex repulsive (the person is not the experience but the attraction, while some are sex repulsive some aren't)

Ace people don't feel romantic attraction (that's called aromantic people, while some are indeed aroace some are not)

Asexuality is just a phase, they haven't found the right person (asexuality is not a phase and even if they do feel sexually attracted to the right person that makes them demi, which is still in the ace umbrella)

Asexuals are sex repulsive (this one is actually true for a lot of aces but there are aces that aren't sex repulsive)

Most of the interests of aces include (but are neither exclusive nor obligatory):

Cake Dragons Garlic bread Purple Cuddling

Symbols of asexuality:

Black ring on the middle finger of the right hand The palette Purple, White, Grey and Black The Ace of Spades

I hope I helped you, if you're writing about a male teenager ace hmu anytime. Good luck!





August 11, 2020 at 12:00AM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.