/u/SEravessss on Tried coming out to my mum tonight

You are totally on the right track, imo.

I’m 41, and I totally get the whole ‘you’re too young’ line. I’ve lived it from both sides - from being 19 and trying to explain myself to people, but not having the right words to explain myself, to making another attempt to come out around 25 and being told ‘you don’t understand yourself’, to coming out yet again at 40 to a few thoughtful, understanding friends in a country that’s not my home, and finally hearing ‘we love you, just be yourself’.

For me, sexuality, like life, is a journey. Try to enjoy the ride as best you can. Don’t worry about the things you can’t change, and surround yourself with people who only have joy in their souls





August 25, 2020 at 11:51PM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.