Lied about age?

I met a guy with online dating, he’s not perfect...but we’ve been texting, face timing, and talking during covid and he does seem pretty awesome....and he is very different than others I’ve spoken with in dating apps.

However, it turns out by accident in a picture he took, he had his birth year printed in small text on his shirt, and I’m not sure if he thought about it.

Like I said he seems great, but his dating profile seemed like three years older than me, but it turns out he’s ten years older than me.

I would not have a problem with this if he was forthcoming about the information, I would have been interested in him regardless of his age because of who he is... but I’m not too keen on the idea that he lied about his age in the first place.

It caused me to look back at his pictures, and some of his pictures do seem like they’re from younger times, and don’t get me wrong, I do think he is handsome and we connect regardless of his age...but it makes me wonder if he was caught in a lie this early on either he has a little bit of a faulty sense of integrity or if he has his own problems he need to address.

Otherwise, to be frank, so far I couldn’t ask for more, and he seems like a very good person overall with a lot of content to him...but he did lie.

I’m torn in just telling him I’m not interested because he lied to me and is merely waiting to get caught before bringing it up, or bringing it up and asking him how old he is and why he chose this course of action to judge him by his reasoning rather than the deed itself.

Not just that, but this is generally a red flag for anyone....but has anyone ever heard any reasoning for why it’s not a red flag?

Either way, I’m curious about your input on this, guys?

(I wouldn’t of minded if his profile said one age and then he came forward of his own accord. I generally don’t care about the age—if anything I dislike someone being too young. But my problem is how he did not volunteer or correct the information, rather just waiting for him to get caught. So if you’re in the other situation where you’re misrepresenting information about yourself...avoid this situation and don’t. People who want to date you will date you regardless of age, but they will be more inclined not to date you if you lie.)



Submitted August 25, 2020 at 11:45PM

I met a guy with online dating, he’s not perfect...but we’ve been texting, face timing, and talking during covid and he does seem pretty awesome....and he is very different than others I’ve spoken with in dating apps.However, it turns out by accident in a picture he took, he had his birth year printed in small text on his shirt, and I’m not sure if he thought about it.Like I said he seems great, but his dating profile seemed like three years older than me, but it turns out he’s ten years older than me.I would not have a problem with this if he was forthcoming about the information, I would have been interested in him regardless of his age because of who he is... but I’m not too keen on the idea that he lied about his age in the first place.It caused me to look back at his pictures, and some of his pictures do seem like they’re from younger times, and don’t get me wrong, I do think he is handsome and we connect regardless of his age...but it makes me wonder if he was caught in a lie this early on either he has a little bit of a faulty sense of integrity or if he has his own problems he need to address.Otherwise, to be frank, so far I couldn’t ask for more, and he seems like a very good person overall with a lot of content to him...but he did lie.I’m torn in just telling him I’m not interested because he lied to me and is merely waiting to get caught before bringing it up, or bringing it up and asking him how old he is and why he chose this course of action to judge him by his reasoning rather than the deed itself.Not just that, but this is generally a red flag for anyone....but has anyone ever heard any reasoning for why it’s not a red flag?Either way, I’m curious about your input on this, guys?(I wouldn’t of minded if his profile said one age and then he came forward of his own accord. I generally don’t care about the age—if anything I dislike someone being too young. But my problem is how he did not volunteer or correct the information, rather just waiting for him to get caught. So if you’re in the other situation where you’re misrepresenting information about yourself...avoid this situation and don’t. People who want to date you will date you regardless of age, but they will be more inclined not to date you if you lie.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.