/u/stevie_luna42 on So I went to the Gynecologist today because I turned 21 this year and it was time and...

Hey, we're just giving you the definition of asexuality, no need to claim our label and call us mentally ill. But based on what you're describing, you're more just choosing to abstain from sex rather than physically not having sexual attraction. People that claim to be ace but are actually just celibate give off the wrong impression of asexuality, and reinforce harmful misconceptions. A-sexuality is, by definition, lack of sexuality. Based on your own description, you have sexuality, you just chose to not have sex. Therefore, you would probably be an allo person engaging in abstinence. It's totally fine if you don't want to have sex, but pretending to be ace is really harmful to our community. You can't just take a pre existing term used by many, make a different definition that suits you, then call the people who use the terms proper definition mentally ill. Not cool.





July 03, 2020 at 11:29PM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.