/u/OverlyCheerfulNPC on So I went to the Gynecologist today because I turned 21 this year and it was time and...

No, you're saying it's a tool to traumatize and hurt women. Your phrasing is that it's a horrible procedure that must be avoided if at all possible because the big bad doctors want to ruin you and make it so you never get checked. Those are your words. I am saying that to avoid being checked at all is dangerous for people's health and that your fear mongering is dishonest because not enough studies have been done to prove you're right. I'm "badgering" you to stop with the fear tactics, and to not paint pap smears like Evil Doctors want to give you PTSD just for the funsies, that the unpleasant procedure is actually something meant to help people. I don't like them. I'd rather not get another. I don't harass my friends and family that don't get them. But if any of them tried saying that the procedure is unnecessary for virgins, or that it's designed intentionally emotionally traumatize virgins, I'd call them out, too.





July 03, 2020 at 11:39PM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.