/u/pandasinouterspace on I need to talk this with someone

To some extent, I understand where they're coming from. Being homosexual is punished a lot more severe (on a global scale) than being asexual. At the same time, I can't help but disagree with the condition that in order to be part of the lgbtq+ community you have to be suffering death penalty or hate crimes. Asexuals suffer too, just in a different way than other members of the community. It might not be as severe, but we're suffering. It's so hard to wrap your head around a construct you can't understand but it being thrown in your face through media and social environments. You can't help but wonder if there's something wrong with you, in fact you'll be told there's something wrong with you for not wanting something you clearly should.

I can't help but wonder how comparing our pain is bringing us any further. Isn't the goal of the lgbtq+ community to create a safe space for everyone that's different from our heteronormative society? How is excluding an intersection of the spectrum that is sexuality helpful in any way? Isn't that just as bad as what a lot of straight people do to all of us?





July 02, 2020 at 11:43PM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.