/u/Mini22Coops on Things that make much more sense now.

The third one I relate to so much, I grew up in a Christian household, I remember been at youth one time, we were discussing sex and our youth leaders were like: "Sometimes it's difficult to abstain when your in the moment" and I immediately thought "That sounds fake, you just don't have sex, it's that simple"

That was the first time I realised that I wasn't feeling things the same way as other people were. I was 16.

Also, not understanding why celibacy was held in such high regard by the Christian community, because it seemed like the easiest thing to achieve.

Similarly not understanding why sex was held in such a high regard by society because it seemed not that big a deal.





July 02, 2020 at 11:27PM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.