/u/70altaccounts on Why would I come out to my family as ace?

My reasons to come out to my parents (and family)? Well, I am an only child from a fairly traditional and conservative family, aside from my mother coming out as asexual recently. I want to be myself, and I don't want my parents to worry if I might get pregnant or anything like that, or expect me to have kids further down the line if I settle down in a relationship with a man. I want them to know who I am. They know I like men. And now they know I don't have sex with anyone by choice, and not a choice like celibacy or abstinence. As an only child, I have a very tight relationship with my parents and I thought they were more than deserving to know this about me. Plus, I don't want to pretend. Coming out as ace was the opposite of awkward for me - it would've been awkward for my parents to guess and assume what I could be doing in my personal life and maybe worry. Not everyone is in my situation though, and this may not be the case for you. Best of luck x





July 19, 2020 at 11:33PM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.