Being IN a mid-term relationship is kind of weird now, too.

My boyfriend and I started dating a few months before the pandemic hit, and we've now been together longer IN the pandemic than out of it. It's weird to think about how most of our relationship has been spent quarantining, avoiding social situations, and battling a constant level of anxiety associated with COVID.

On the plus side, one of our biggest differences is the things we do for fun --- he's a lot more introverted than me --- so this has reduced much of our available activities to stuff we can both easily agree on since we have similar taste in TV, board games, and outdoor activities.

But then I think about how the need for social distancing is likely to last at least into 2021 and it's bonkers to think about how such a high proportion of our relationship will have been spent in such abnormal times.

Anyone else in this position? Curious how others who started their relationships right before the pandemic are feeling.



Submitted July 19, 2020 at 11:35PM

My boyfriend and I started dating a few months before the pandemic hit, and we've now been together longer IN the pandemic than out of it. It's weird to think about how most of our relationship has been spent quarantining, avoiding social situations, and battling a constant level of anxiety associated with COVID.On the plus side, one of our biggest differences is the things we do for fun --- he's a lot more introverted than me --- so this has reduced much of our available activities to stuff we can both easily agree on since we have similar taste in TV, board games, and outdoor activities.But then I think about how the need for social distancing is likely to last at least into 2021 and it's bonkers to think about how such a high proportion of our relationship will have been spent in such abnormal times.Anyone else in this position? Curious how others who started their relationships right before the pandemic are feeling.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.