How can I compliment my wife on her looks in a tasteful manner?

Whenever we talk about diet and exercise, my wife has on multiple occasions talked about how she feels like her arms are too "fat" for her liking, hence wanting to lose weight. I tried conveying to her that that I like the way she looks exactly as she is right now, when she again brought up how her arms look recently.

I don't have much relationship experience due to growing up rather sheltered; and my wife has a very stoic/calm demeanour. These things made me feel weird telling her what I thought about her looks (even though I intended to say I like what I see of her).

I want to compliment my wife on her looks/body every now and then. I want to do this in a manner that makes her feel desired, but also feel safe and comfortable with me. I am not trying to objectify her, so I was wondering how I could do that in a tasteful manner.

I don't know if this is something that is learned; but advice from more experienced people here on how I could do this would be super helpful for me 🙏



Submitted July 09, 2020 at 11:46PM

Whenever we talk about diet and exercise, my wife has on multiple occasions talked about how she feels like her arms are too "fat" for her liking, hence wanting to lose weight. I tried conveying to her that that I like the way she looks exactly as she is right now, when she again brought up how her arms look recently.I don't have much relationship experience due to growing up rather sheltered; and my wife has a very stoic/calm demeanour. These things made me feel weird telling her what I thought about her looks (even though I intended to say I like what I see of her).I want to compliment my wife on her looks/body every now and then. I want to do this in a manner that makes her feel desired, but also feel safe and comfortable with me. I am not trying to objectify her, so I was wondering how I could do that in a tasteful manner.I don't know if this is something that is learned; but advice from more experienced people here on how I could do this would be super helpful for me 🙏

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.