/u/ReNeOed on I'm writing an ace/aro character, and I need YOUR advice!

A common non-positive reaction I've had when telling people about being asexual is "that's not a thing". The positive counterpart to it has been "oh I actually don't know anything about asexuality. Ok if I ask about it?

Another negative one was "oh, so you're still asexual?" when talking to a friend a few weeks after telling them about asexuality, which thankfully only happened once.

As for aro (though grey-ro might be more accurate for myself), I don't usually use the term when talking about it with someone outside of the a-spec community. I just tell people that I'm not interested in being in a romantic relationship. And people I haven't told about being ace as well generally assume that I missed a yet at the end of that line.





June 12, 2020 at 11:34PM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.