/u/mizuwolf on I've known for a long time that I was asexual, but last year I realized I prefer women over men and started questioning a lot of my sexual identity. Recently I realized I actually could be in a romantic relationship with anyone, but overall prefer women. So here's to my panromantic asexual self!

I totally understand what you mean - there's a lot of defensive movements - from biphobic lesbians to lesbians who insist you must be a 'gold star' lesbian - so it's hard to feel like you're really allowed to call yourself one. But at the end of the day, if the label doesn't bring you comfort, there's no need to push it on yourself. It's funny though, every time I have a crush on a fictional male character (hello Adam Jensen) I realize that a lot of what makes me attracted to them is things that society specifically tries to make young boys push down, like openly caring about things lol.

You are valid though, and if you relate to that doc as much as I did, you should feel okay calling yourself a lesbian. If irl men don't do it for you romantically, and if you'd never want to date one even if they did, then (imo) you're a lesbian. <3





June 09, 2020 at 11:38PM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.