/u/KitonePeach on This is the kind of thing I thought was made up before I understood my asexuality

It's so weird to me that they called it 'skin hunger.'

It's usually called being 'touch starved.' Because we are a social species, we do a lot of close contact things, like how primates, birds, rats, etc. will groom or wrestle or cuddle.

So people that are put in situations where they don't get stuff like this can be touch starved. I've a friend who considered herself touch starved because of being raised in a poor environment and not trusting people very well. She doesn't like physical contact, but also feels like she misses out on social stuff because of it.

I'm perfectly fine without contact with people, too, but I know that I do like to lean over the shoulders of my friends or family quite often. I think I'm pretty neutral on physical contact. Fine with it, fine without it.





June 10, 2020 at 11:42PM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.