/u/hamandswiss on How did you figure out you were ace?

The first lightbulb moment was the realization that I never masturbated to/can't masturbate to sexual or gendered situations or characteristics. I thought I was bi/pan because of feeling equally about all genders.

The second key was learning about the split attraction model. I have experienced some kind of very strong attraction to others and assumed that was what drove my sexuality. Defining and separating romantic and sexual attraction blew my mind, and made things much clearer.

Third thing was the shared experiences from others who identify as asexual and the truly surprising and validating amount of commonalities we feel.





April 06, 2020 at 11:53PM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.