What are things a man can do to get likes/dates?

Things I have done:

  • Taken pictures with tripods, used pictures by friends/family, posted profiles online for feedback, changed by bio, let other people who know me write my bio.
  • Worked out to the point of mild ab definition and needing to buy new shirts for work because the old ones don't fit my chest/shoulders anymore.
  • Short hair, long hair, various styles.
  • Casual clothes, dress clothes, everything between (always well coordinated).
  • Reached the top 1% of income.
  • Tried approaching in real life but most women just look uncomfortable or respond "I have a boyfriend" within seconds of talking to them (unless I'm with a tall white friend, then they smile from the first word I say, but I can't always have someone like that with me).
  • Went to meetups where it was all dudes, joined a climbing club where the girls all had boyfriends.
  • Gotten so many compliments on how funny, smart, generous, kind I am IRL it is not even meaningful or memorable for me anymore.

Despite all this, I get maybe one like per Boost on Tinder if I'm lucky, which is kind of a scam at that rate. I get maybe one like every 3 weeks on Bumble who usually doesn't even message me.

I'm 5'7.5", Indian, and have a below average to maybe average face. I was born in America, only speak English, and I don't smell, dress, or act weird.

I'm leaning towards going back to mass approaching in nightclubs and bars. I'm also thinking I will try to buy girls drinks as my opener. ie. "Hey, my name is ____. You seem interesting. (Observation or inference on her.) How about I buy you a drink?"

I was always told to never buy girls drinks unless you're already dating them, so I never tried it this way before. But if it gets me past the initial rejection in the first 10 seconds, then it's worth it. I'm planning to also go out solo for a change.

Is there anything else I'm missing or should be doing? I'm kind of running out of ideas. Any other ideas are appreciated.



Submitted January 19, 2020 at 11:53PM

Things I have done:Taken pictures with tripods, used pictures by friends/family, posted profiles online for feedback, changed by bio, let other people who know me write my bio.Worked out to the point of mild ab definition and needing to buy new shirts for work because the old ones don't fit my chest/shoulders anymore.Short hair, long hair, various styles.Casual clothes, dress clothes, everything between (always well coordinated).Reached the top 1% of income.Tried approaching in real life but most women just look uncomfortable or respond "I have a boyfriend" within seconds of talking to them (unless I'm with a tall white friend, then they smile from the first word I say, but I can't always have someone like that with me).Went to meetups where it was all dudes, joined a climbing club where the girls all had boyfriends.Gotten so many compliments on how funny, smart, generous, kind I am IRL it is not even meaningful or memorable for me anymore.Despite all this, I get maybe one like per Boost on Tinder if I'm lucky, which is kind of a scam at that rate. I get maybe one like every 3 weeks on Bumble who usually doesn't even message me.I'm 5'7.5", Indian, and have a below average to maybe average face. I was born in America, only speak English, and I don't smell, dress, or act weird.I'm leaning towards going back to mass approaching in nightclubs and bars. I'm also thinking I will try to buy girls drinks as my opener. ie. "Hey, my name is ____. You seem interesting. (Observation or inference on her.) How about I buy you a drink?"I was always told to never buy girls drinks unless you're already dating them, so I never tried it this way before. But if it gets me past the initial rejection in the first 10 seconds, then it's worth it. I'm planning to also go out solo for a change.Is there anything else I'm missing or should be doing? I'm kind of running out of ideas. Any other ideas are appreciated.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.