/u/RubyAsh on Will they ever get it?

Well spoken, Im similar that I don't like confrontation but if it comes to it I will stand my ground. I'll just keep repeating myself anytime they try to trip me up, I'm sure they might eventually realise I'm not acting and this is just how I am.

To me it's kind of like a lot of things in life, if people have different regions or sexual orientations or political views, I understand I'm friends with people who are different to me, and I dont mind if they want to talk about their stuff, that's fine, I'm fully supportive of people having different ways of life - but it becomes an issue when they try to change someone else, I'm not okay with the chats it if it's done in a way that feels like they're trying get me to say I'm like them, when I'm not.

Your words do make a lot of sense, I do think slowly the world is getting more accepting overall. I don't want to bang on about my ace-ness but it'd be nice if people did understand its a real thing instead of acting like they're in denial about it. I'll try not to get too upset about it, like you said all I can do is keep calmly repeating the point which I'll just keep on doing :)

Thank you for taking the time to reply!





December 15, 2019 at 12:14AM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.