/u/Head_Lynx on Thought this belongs here

I prefer shipping to be healthy and free of any gross stuff that I've listed. I have no problem with dark history and conflict, in fact, I invite it. But there are certain lines characters can't cross for me to be invested. They're on opposite sides of a war, fight neck-to-neck, come to a truce, form a bond? All right. They have conflicting ideologies, butt heads often but ultimately respect each other? Cool. They've murdered thousands together without remorse just to preserve their bond and view of the world? Fine. Brutal back-and-forth banter and roasting each other just for fun (Aka friendly competition)? Yes, please. They'll kill or die for the other in a heartbeat? Yes, more of that, please. World domination together? Yes! Please!

One of them abuses the other in any way (or mutually), ridiculous age gap, any legal or blood relation? Nope, kill it with fire. I've shipped plenty characters with dark backgrounds and extreme conflicts. I have no problem with shipping non-canon relationships (I do it a lot) or seeing the potential for two characters to be in love. But there's a point where it becomes too much and too gross. (Sorry if I'm coming off as rude.)





July 14, 2019 at 11:57PM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.