A Year of Dating

I've been dating for almost a year (August 2, 2018 I guess was when I started according to my Tinder data—more on that later) and I felt like I wanted to share my dating stats. I don't see myself going out with anyone else in the next month, so I may as well do this now.

Yes, this is long. TLDR: Yes, dating is a lot of work.


I'll describe me first so you understand who I am.

  • Location: City in the PNW in Canada
  • Age: 36/37
  • 2 Kids
  • Engineer
  • Drinker
  • Liberal
  • Non-smoker
  • Non-drugs/weed (for the most part)
  • Open for more children
  • Atheist

My photos.

I use a variety of different text profile but I'll leave my Tinder one:

6' but taller in heels. 16' when on top of a basketball net. 1'6" when I say "you too" to the cabbie when he tells me to have a good flight.

Looking for?

I was pretty open to exploring what is out there and not trying to limit myself to my perceived type. What were my conditions:

Long term relationship. Age range: 25 to 45 (for the most part) Non-smoker (or very limited) Non-conservative Has job


Let's get into the overall data and I'll take a deeper dive into the Tinder specific data. In order to not skew the data too much, I maxed out the number of dates to 5 (anything greater than 5 dates, is set to 5).

Total number of first dates: 81 Number I wanted to see again: 47 (58%) Number of those who wanted to see me again: 18 (38%) Total percentage of first dates that lead to a second: 22%

So, I get 2 second dates out of every 9 I've gone on.


First question, where did I find these women?

Hinge, for the most part. I found it to be the best app for me, given I am trying to attract professional women into a long term relationship.

Apps No. 1st Dates Avg Dates
Happn 1 1.0
POF 3 1.0
Hinge 36 1.5
OKC 13 1.9
Tinder 14 1.1
Bumble 10 1.1
IRL 3 3.7
CMB 1 1.0

Here it is in pie format.


Does Age and Number of Dates have any trends?

For the most part, no.

Overall, my median dating age is 34 (with a range of 29 to 39) which is not unexpected. There was definitely no trend in the number of dates and age.


Does the App matter?

Well, probably not.

The three that I ended up in the 5+ date pile are:

  • Hinge: I've noted it as the best for me
  • OKC: There is the potential for a LOT of information here, so this makes sense.
  • IRL: This just seems to be the most likely to succeed given you're already asking someone out when you "first" meet them.

Results:

I had 6 mini-relationships (one current).

  1. This seemed like a good match at first, but there were a few things I think both of us weren't into with the relationship, so we just stopped talking to each other.
  2. Poly married woman. She eventually ended it due to wanting to focus more on her marriage (or just wasn't getting what she wanted from me, I don't know)
  3. Woman from Halloween party. Friend of a friend. Mostly a mutual break up after she thought we were exclusive after a few weeks but never brought the subject up to me.
  4. Woman from Hinge. This was mostly a good relationship. I did like her mindset, but there were a number of issues that eventually came up and ended after 2 months.
  5. Woman from my Local bar. This was going well, but she freaked out when I was bumping into her too much (she only wanted to see each other once a week). Pretty weird situation overall.
  6. The current one I'm dating. Everything is going extremely well. (~3 months in)

Deep Dive: Tinder

Thanks to the note that you can get your data sent to you, I did that and I wanted to see what it looked like.

Total Swipes 55065
Likes 12137
Matches 214
First Dates 14
More than first 1*

There was only 1 person from Tinder which resulted in a second date. However, that was after reconnecting with them through Hinge, so I guess it counts, but not really? That may have gone somewhere but on her way to the second date, she accepted a job offer out of the country.

Results by Month.

Notes:

  • August was high since I had Tinder Gold
  • November was low since I was just focusing on dating 3 and 4.
  • Most of the data aside from those two are fairly consistent.

Was this a lot of work? Yep. But that's what you need to do to date I've found. It's like anything in life, you get out what you put in.



Submitted July 07, 2019 at 11:54PM

I've been dating for almost a year (August 2, 2018 I guess was when I started according to my Tinder data—more on that later) and I felt like I wanted to share my dating stats. I don't see myself going out with anyone else in the next month, so I may as well do this now.Yes, this is long. TLDR: Yes, dating is a lot of work.I'll describe me first so you understand who I am.Location: City in the PNW in CanadaAge: 36/372 KidsEngineerDrinkerLiberalNon-smokerNon-drugs/weed (for the most part)Open for more childrenAtheistMy photos.I use a variety of different text profile but I'll leave my Tinder one:6' but taller in heels. 16' when on top of a basketball net. 1'6" when I say "you too" to the cabbie when he tells me to have a good flight.Looking for?I was pretty open to exploring what is out there and not trying to limit myself to my perceived type. What were my conditions:Long term relationship. Age range: 25 to 45 (for the most part) Non-smoker (or very limited) Non-conservative Has jobLet's get into the overall data and I'll take a deeper dive into the Tinder specific data. In order to not skew the data too much, I maxed out the number of dates to 5 (anything greater than 5 dates, is set to 5).Total number of first dates: 81 Number I wanted to see again: 47 (58%) Number of those who wanted to see me again: 18 (38%) Total percentage of first dates that lead to a second: 22%So, I get 2 second dates out of every 9 I've gone on.First question, where did I find these women?Hinge, for the most part. I found it to be the best app for me, given I am trying to attract professional women into a long term relationship.AppsNo. 1st DatesAvg DatesHappn11.0POF31.0Hinge361.5OKC131.9Tinder141.1Bumble101.1IRL33.7CMB11.0Here it is in pie format.Does Age and Number of Dates have any trends?For the most part, no.Overall, my median dating age is 34 (with a range of 29 to 39) which is not unexpected. There was definitely no trend in the number of dates and age.Does the App matter?Well, probably not.The three that I ended up in the 5+ date pile are:Hinge: I've noted it as the best for meOKC: There is the potential for a LOT of information here, so this makes sense.IRL: This just seems to be the most likely to succeed given you're already asking someone out when you "first" meet them.Results:I had 6 mini-relationships (one current).This seemed like a good match at first, but there were a few things I think both of us weren't into with the relationship, so we just stopped talking to each other.Poly married woman. She eventually ended it due to wanting to focus more on her marriage (or just wasn't getting what she wanted from me, I don't know)Woman from Halloween party. Friend of a friend. Mostly a mutual break up after she thought we were exclusive after a few weeks but never brought the subject up to me.Woman from Hinge. This was mostly a good relationship. I did like her mindset, but there were a number of issues that eventually came up and ended after 2 months.Woman from my Local bar. This was going well, but she freaked out when I was bumping into her too much (she only wanted to see each other once a week). Pretty weird situation overall.The current one I'm dating. Everything is going extremely well. (~3 months in)Deep Dive: TinderThanks to the note that you can get your data sent to you, I did that and I wanted to see what it looked like.Total Swipes55065Likes12137Matches214First Dates14More than first1*There was only 1 person from Tinder which resulted in a second date. However, that was after reconnecting with them through Hinge, so I guess it counts, but not really? That may have gone somewhere but on her way to the second date, she accepted a job offer out of the country.Results by Month.Notes:August was high since I had Tinder GoldNovember was low since I was just focusing on dating 3 and 4.Most of the data aside from those two are fairly consistent.Was this a lot of work? Yep. But that's what you need to do to date I've found. It's like anything in life, you get out what you put in.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.