/u/autistic_moon on How should I tell my family I'm asexual?

Not sure how old you are, but sometimes older folks think everything “weird” that young people do is “just a phase.” Sometimes it just takes time for people to come around and see it’s not a phase. I’m 28 and nobody who knows me well questions my orientation.

I’m not convinced that there’s a correlation between asexuality and autism. It seems to me that quite a lot of young autistics are plagued by frustrations around trying to get laid but being unsuccessful due to social skills/issues. I’m aro, ace, and autistic and I don’t think they’re related, at least not for me.

I don’t feel the need to “come out” to people for the sake of making my personal business known to others, but I’m open about it if people ask if I have a boyfriend/girlfriend/children or we’re discussing relationships generally. I’ve heard every criticism under the sun so I’m kind of immune to other people’s bullshit.





June 18, 2019 at 12:15AM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.