Date rescheduled twice. Seems apologetic but do I keep trying?

Had a first date with a guy a couple weeks ago. Went really well... We had dinner and when it came time for the check, he asked if I wanted dessert, which I'm assuming means he wanted to hang out with me longer.

He texts me after the date asking when I'm free again, and I was out of town the weekend after so we made plans for last Thursday. He had a work emergency come up a few hours before the date. (seemed legit... He actually sent a picture of him working later that night) and asked if we could hang out tonight instead.

Last night, he texts me and asks if I can hang out a bit earlier because he has a family member coming to stay with him. I couldn't do earlier so I said let's find another time.

So he's essentially tried to reschedule twice but he still seems interested. I'm honestly not in a rush to make anything happen, but he seemed nice, checked boxes and we had good chemistry.

Im essentially a stranger to him and don't expect priority, but I do believe in valuing someone's time and keeping your commitments when they planned their schedule around you.

I guess I'm wondering if he's actually interested or keeping our plans on the back burner and using me as a backup option.

TL;DR - guy rescheduled second date twice but is proactive about making plans to reschedule. Is he actually interested or just keeping me on the back burner?



Submitted June 18, 2019 at 12:02AM

Had a first date with a guy a couple weeks ago. Went really well... We had dinner and when it came time for the check, he asked if I wanted dessert, which I'm assuming means he wanted to hang out with me longer.He texts me after the date asking when I'm free again, and I was out of town the weekend after so we made plans for last Thursday. He had a work emergency come up a few hours before the date. (seemed legit... He actually sent a picture of him working later that night) and asked if we could hang out tonight instead.Last night, he texts me and asks if I can hang out a bit earlier because he has a family member coming to stay with him. I couldn't do earlier so I said let's find another time.So he's essentially tried to reschedule twice but he still seems interested. I'm honestly not in a rush to make anything happen, but he seemed nice, checked boxes and we had good chemistry.Im essentially a stranger to him and don't expect priority, but I do believe in valuing someone's time and keeping your commitments when they planned their schedule around you.I guess I'm wondering if he's actually interested or keeping our plans on the back burner and using me as a backup option.TL;DR - guy rescheduled second date twice but is proactive about making plans to reschedule. Is he actually interested or just keeping me on the back burner?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.