Not sure if this woman was hitting on me (31/M) or not...

So I'm at the airport the other day, just sitting and waiting to board my flight. At one point, this attractive woman (I think around the same age as me) comes up and asks if there's anyone sitting in the seat next to me. I say no, it's all hers. She sits down. I'm concentrated on reading articles on my phone, so the thought of striking up a conversation (unfortunately) never crosses my mind.

Eventually, it's time to board. People, including myself, start congregating towards the gate. A couple minutes later, that same woman gets up and approaches me.

"Is this flight going to Minnesota?" she asks.

The LED screen behind the counter said "MINNESOTA, so I thought this was a bit of a silly question, but I answered, "Yep, it is."

Again, I left it at that. And during all this, the airline attendant is calling different cabins to board.

Another minute or so passes before the woman asks one last question: "Do you know which cabin is boarding right now?"

"Uh, I believe it's [cabin number]," I answer.

"Oh okay, thank you," she replies, before heading towards the gate.

And it wasn't until way after the fact (unfortunately) that this woman might actually have tried to engage me in conversation several times, only for me to not pick up on those cues. But the truth is, I don't think I got any flirty vibes from her, and genuinely thought she wanted to clarify flight information.

So what do you think? Was this woman actually hitting on me by asking innocuous questions to lead into a conversation... or was she totally not?

EDIT: Added guesstimate of the woman's age



Submitted June 09, 2019 at 11:49PM

So I'm at the airport the other day, just sitting and waiting to board my flight. At one point, this attractive woman (I think around the same age as me) comes up and asks if there's anyone sitting in the seat next to me. I say no, it's all hers. She sits down. I'm concentrated on reading articles on my phone, so the thought of striking up a conversation (unfortunately) never crosses my mind.Eventually, it's time to board. People, including myself, start congregating towards the gate. A couple minutes later, that same woman gets up and approaches me."Is this flight going to Minnesota?" she asks.The LED screen behind the counter said "MINNESOTA, so I thought this was a bit of a silly question, but I answered, "Yep, it is."Again, I left it at that. And during all this, the airline attendant is calling different cabins to board.Another minute or so passes before the woman asks one last question: "Do you know which cabin is boarding right now?""Uh, I believe it's [cabin number]," I answer."Oh okay, thank you," she replies, before heading towards the gate.And it wasn't until way after the fact (unfortunately) that this woman might actually have tried to engage me in conversation several times, only for me to not pick up on those cues. But the truth is, I don't think I got any flirty vibes from her, and genuinely thought she wanted to clarify flight information.So what do you think? Was this woman actually hitting on me by asking innocuous questions to lead into a conversation... or was she totally not?EDIT: Added guesstimate of the woman's age

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.