help! i hate hookup culture and feel inferior because of it!

i'm in college, so naturally that means interfacing with tinder culture etc. etc., but in my mind sex and intimacy have always been something around 75% emotional connection 25% actual physical interaction, which makes it hard for me to pursue casual encounters. i'd say i solidly identify as demi, but it's making me feel like i'm less capable of being a good lover than anybody else :/

i know it's far from the truth and i've had plenty of people tell me i'm good at what i do, but my stubborn little brain refuses to believe it, so...

how do i rationally think myself out of this?



Submitted June 05, 2019 at 11:32PM

i'm in college, so naturally that means interfacing with tinder culture etc. etc., but in my mind sex and intimacy have always been something around 75% emotional connection 25% actual physical interaction, which makes it hard for me to pursue casual encounters. i'd say i solidly identify as demi, but it's making me feel like i'm less capable of being a good lover than anybody else :/i know it's far from the truth and i've had plenty of people tell me i'm good at what i do, but my stubborn little brain refuses to believe it, so...how do i rationally think myself out of this?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.