He told me I « go out a lot »

So I’ve (22yo f) been seeing this guy (28m) for like 5 weeks, and we’re really independent, both of us. We didn’t see each other for like one week cause he worked a lot and I had things to do. He goes out sometimes to see some friends, and I do too. And just to be clear, I love my friends, and sometimes I’ll go and stay at their place for a whole week end, because my house is very toxic to me, I don’t speak to my family. But I always make sure I see him too. (All my friends are girls) I spent New Year’s Eve with him. Yesterday he went out with some friends, and I met an old friend at a restaurant. And today was his rest day, he didn’t call till late evening, and asked me what I was doing, I told him I was invited to a dinner at my friends family.

He then told me « you go out a lot, you’re always doing something » and I told him « what you want me to stay at home all week ? » then he said « yes » in a « joking » way, he was laughing while saying this. But it really bugs me, why would he say that I go out a lot, when he goes out a lot too. I knew he wanted to see me today but he didn’t plan anything, I didn’t want to ditch my friend because he called me last minute.

Am I the a hole in the story or is he acting a bit controlling ?



Submitted January 09, 2024 at 12:11AM

So I’ve (22yo f) been seeing this guy (28m) for like 5 weeks, and we’re really independent, both of us.We didn’t see each other for like one week cause he worked a lot and I had things to do.He goes out sometimes to see some friends, and I do too.And just to be clear, I love my friends, and sometimes I’ll go and stay at their place for a whole week end, because my house is very toxic to me, I don’t speak to my family. But I always make sure I see him too. (All my friends are girls)I spent New Year’s Eve with him. Yesterday he went out with some friends, and I met an old friend at a restaurant.And today was his rest day, he didn’t call till late evening, and asked me what I was doing, I told him I was invited to a dinner at my friends family.He then told me « you go out a lot, you’re always doing something » and I told him « what you want me to stay at home all week ? » then he said « yes » in a « joking » way, he was laughing while saying this. But it really bugs me, why would he say that I go out a lot, when he goes out a lot too.I knew he wanted to see me today but he didn’t plan anything, I didn’t want to ditch my friend because he called me last minute.Am I the a hole in the story or is he acting a bit controlling ?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.