/u/joyce-nope on I just started talking to someone that Asexual just like me for the first time in my life... and I'm so happy...But when I expressed this to them--The Asexual person said that I made them uncomfortable and I think they blocked me:(

Just starting to tell people your trauma can be pretty problematic, as another person here suggested. When it comes to topic like these a trigger warning or a check in is always the best, especially if u don't know people.

This can be a wide reach, but I think honesty is the best: your writing style can be a red flag for some people, together with not being careful about boundaries it can create a problematic image.

I can understand your excitement in finding someone ace for the first time, but immediately trying to talk about it can be a bit much. I am not saying you should maybe tone down your excitement, but think of the person u are talking with and be a bit more empathetic in how u present yourself and if certain topics can be very intimate.

Best wishes!





June 05, 2023 at 11:09PM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.