/u/yourenotmymom_yet on Sex scenes that WERE nessccary to the media?

I can only ever think of two of these when this question pops up:

  • The sex scene between the married couple in the Black Mirror episode “The Entire History of You” - it’s haunting af and said so much about how scary the featured tech was much more effectively than describing it or implying it could have.

  • The flashback sex scene in the car with Kerry Washington’s character in Little Fires Everywhere - it was meant to be jarring and told viewers more about her character in 10 seconds than any dialogue could have.

I honestly don’t think I’ve actually seen others that couldn’t easily have been replaced by dialogue or the implication the sex was had.





May 04, 2023 at 10:50PM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.