/u/Oreo1123 on what do i say to people to stop constantly being sexual and sexualizing me ?

It sucks that's happening to you, id say clear and firm boundary setting will be your best bet.

"Im not looking to do or talk about anything sexual, that makes me uncomfortable"

"I don't wanna talk about that"

"I dont want to receive/send sexual pictures"

"That comment make me uncomfortable"

You wanna try shut it down right away in clear terms if someone if overstepping.

When people step over that line repeatedly after you've stated those boundaries its fine to just ignore or block them, they aren't entitled to talk w you if they aren't gonna respect you.

Boundaries need to be enforcable/enforced to be properly effective, so be clear and firm w what you are comfortable and not comfortable with, and then makes sure you enforce that boundary by disengaging with that person or if you feel it was an honest mistake restating your boundaries and giving a warning and then disengaging if they continue w the topic.

Its not your job to negotiate your boundaries with other people, don't let people try to negotiate or argue with the goal of trying to lessen them. That's another situation where it's okay to block/ignore/walk away because people like that don't deserve the time of day.

Hope this helps somewhat





May 27, 2023 at 01:08AM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.