Girlfriend’s ex has been making himself present, not sure what to do.

I’ve (33M) been dating my girlfriend(33F) for a little over a year.

Before we met she dated someone casually for about six months, who works at a pizza place around the corner from her home. She told me the story early on in our relationship, and that things didn’t end well between them. I didn’t think too much of it, just figured it was another past relationship.

Anyway, last week she told me she was driving home and the guy was coming out of his work place; they saw each other and waved.

She told me about it that evening when I saw her, saying it was a funny and awkward encounter. Later that evening he texted her; she didn’t respond, and then he texted again the next day.

They exchanged a few messages; She told me he started being inquisitive; asking about her schedule/if she still lives in the area. She eventually told him that she was seeing somebody and that she wishes him well.

My girlfriend told me all this which I appreciate, and wasn’t too concerned about it until today. She spent the night at my place last night, and when she went home this morning she got out of her car, and this guy had pulled up in his car, out of the blue.

He said he wanted to apologize for how he came off when they were texting. she told me they spoke briefly, said “goodbye” and then she went inside and he left.

She doesn’t know what to make of the situation and neither do I. She isn’t sure if she should feel uncomfortable/threatened. I told her I would go over there and speak to him, but she told me not to because so things don’t lead to an altercation.

Do I need to get involved in the situation?

Or should I trust that there’s no reason for this guy to keep coming around.

The fact that he works so close to my girlfriends house makes me uncomfortable and uneasy.

What do you think Reddit? help me out



Submitted May 02, 2023 at 01:15AM

I’ve (33M) been dating my girlfriend(33F) for a little over a year.Before we met she dated someone casually for about six months, who works at a pizza place around the corner from her home. She told me the story early on in our relationship, and that things didn’t end well between them.I didn’t think too much of it, just figured it was another past relationship.Anyway, last week she told me she was driving home and the guy was coming out of his work place; they saw each other and waved.She told me about it that evening when I saw her, saying it was a funny and awkward encounter. Later that evening he texted her; she didn’t respond, and then he texted again the next day.They exchanged a few messages;She told me he started being inquisitive; asking about her schedule/if she still lives in the area. She eventually told him that she was seeing somebody and that she wishes him well.My girlfriend told me all this which I appreciate, and wasn’t too concerned about it until today. She spent the night at my place last night, and when she went home this morning she got out of her car, and this guy had pulled up in his car, out of the blue.He said he wanted to apologize for how he came off when they were texting.she told me they spoke briefly, said “goodbye” and then she went inside and he left.She doesn’t know what to make of the situation and neither do I. She isn’t sure if she should feel uncomfortable/threatened. I told her I would go over there and speak to him, but she told me not to because so things don’t lead to an altercation.Do I need to get involved in the situation? Or should I trust that there’s no reason for this guy to keep coming around.The fact that he works so close to my girlfriends house makes me uncomfortable and uneasy.What do you think Reddit? help me out

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.