Asking out a girl out 6,000 kilometers away

Hi, I know this sounds stupid, but I want to start a relationship with someone from a different country.

About 2 months ago I visited London for the first time to visit some family (relatively distant). On my way back to the airport (via a train), I happened to bump into a really sweet girl who seemed slightly lost like me.

When we got off the train, I opened up the conversation with her. Not one minute has passed, and just when I was about to ask her her name, she asked for my number.

Holy shit.

First time I ever got asked for my number, I was excited as hell. We saw each other off (different airlines) and continued texting for just a bit afterwards. She said she'll be staying in England studying at uni for the next 4 years.

Now I'm really excited to meet her at some point, but there's a few problems.

I'm afraid of appearing desperate travelling all the way from the middle east to England for her. Sure, I've got family there, and some places I wanna hike at. But overall it feels like I'll give an impression jumping the gun, which I might am.

Second, I've got nothing to offer. I just finished high school (I look 25 so I doubt she assumed I'm at HS age). I'm probably going to work soon at a very basic job like waitering and such. I have no idea what I want to learn in uni (studied music for the past 6 years, but this road is financially impractical).

What can I do to progress from here? We haven't texted since we landed and honestly I'm pretty scared to (for the same reasons stated above). Maybe in about a year I'll come visit again and maybe ask to meetup with her? Does that sound like a good plan?

Sorry for the long post and ty for reading. Would love to hear some advice.



Submitted May 17, 2023 at 12:01AM

Hi, I know this sounds stupid, but I want to start a relationship with someone from a different country.About 2 months ago I visited London for the first time to visit some family (relatively distant). On my way back to the airport (via a train), I happened to bump into a really sweet girl who seemed slightly lost like me.When we got off the train, I opened up the conversation with her. Not one minute has passed, and just when I was about to ask her her name, she asked for my number.Holy shit.First time I ever got asked for my number, I was excited as hell. We saw each other off (different airlines) and continued texting for just a bit afterwards. She said she'll be staying in England studying at uni for the next 4 years.Now I'm really excited to meet her at some point, but there's a few problems.I'm afraid of appearing desperate travelling all the way from the middle east to England for her. Sure, I've got family there, and some places I wanna hike at. But overall it feels like I'll give an impression jumping the gun, which I might am.Second, I've got nothing to offer. I just finished high school (I look 25 so I doubt she assumed I'm at HS age). I'm probably going to work soon at a very basic job like waitering and such. I have no idea what I want to learn in uni (studied music for the past 6 years, but this road is financially impractical).What can I do to progress from here? We haven't texted since we landed and honestly I'm pretty scared to (for the same reasons stated above). Maybe in about a year I'll come visit again and maybe ask to meetup with her? Does that sound like a good plan?Sorry for the long post and ty for reading. Would love to hear some advice.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.