/u/AuroraRoman on Why intimacy = sex ?

There are so many ways to refer to the act of sex. The reason for this is that talking about it is a taboo in our society. Taboos have a linguist phenomenon of getting so many words to refer to it. You can’t just say sex so people started to say intercourse which originally meant communication between people not sex. However once that new word is so connected to the taboo it cannot be used as the original meaning and only means the taboo. Once that happens a new word is used to refer to the taboo in a discreet way. This is why there are so many words and phrases that refer to sex. My personal one I hate the most is “making love.”





March 18, 2023 at 10:46PM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.