Girl doesn't always respond to texts but will reply fast through social media?

Met this 20f 2 weeks ago, we had a date last night. I would say I think it went decent as when I asked her if she wanted me to drive her home or keep hanging out she was eager on staying out. After I dropped her off she texted me later saying she had a lot of fun and a great time.

Ever since I met her, I noticed this weird pattern where her texting is very 50/50. As in sometimes she'll respond right away, other times she'll take hours or even a day or 2 to text me back. Meanwhile on social media she's constantly snapping me pictures/videos.

At first I assumed she was just not interested but I'm not sure. 90% of the time she responds very fast on snapchat, and I'll send stuff I'm doing and she reacts to it so I'm very confused.

After our date I texted her something last night and she just never responded. However today she was snapping me a bunch so she's not exactly ghosting me which is leaving me confused.

Is it normal for some people to prefer social media as their primary method of communication or is it a sign of disinterest? Especially on an app like snapchat where most of us have tons of people we don't fully know that we snap back and forth, I prefer actually texting through iMessage as it feels more personal.

EDIT: Since she never texted back last night I decided I wasn't going to sit around and guess so about an hour ago I decided to ask her out again on a second date. She said she would love to but I'm still very confused why she's way quicker to respond on social media than text. Am I just overlooking some unimportant detail that doesn't matter?



Submitted February 06, 2023 at 11:46PM

Met this 20f 2 weeks ago, we had a date last night. I would say I think it went decent as when I asked her if she wanted me to drive her home or keep hanging out she was eager on staying out. After I dropped her off she texted me later saying she had a lot of fun and a great time.Ever since I met her, I noticed this weird pattern where her texting is very 50/50. As in sometimes she'll respond right away, other times she'll take hours or even a day or 2 to text me back. Meanwhile on social media she's constantly snapping me pictures/videos.At first I assumed she was just not interested but I'm not sure. 90% of the time she responds very fast on snapchat, and I'll send stuff I'm doing and she reacts to it so I'm very confused.After our date I texted her something last night and she just never responded. However today she was snapping me a bunch so she's not exactly ghosting me which is leaving me confused.Is it normal for some people to prefer social media as their primary method of communication or is it a sign of disinterest? Especially on an app like snapchat where most of us have tons of people we don't fully know that we snap back and forth, I prefer actually texting through iMessage as it feels more personal.EDIT: Since she never texted back last night I decided I wasn't going to sit around and guess so about an hour ago I decided to ask her out again on a second date. She said she would love to but I'm still very confused why she's way quicker to respond on social media than text. Am I just overlooking some unimportant detail that doesn't matter?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.