/u/yllui on When and how did you realise you were asexual?

For me, it was when I realized that people actually have sex. Ofc, I know that being ace and not having sex arent the same thing, but it just surprised me that people actually feel something that eventually lead them to have sex.

For me sex always was an awkward subject to talk about, not because I was "shy" or something, I just despised to talk about it so much. When people started to talk that a person was hot, sure, they were hot, but I started to realize that what I saw as a "hot" person (clean, happy, funny, kind, with an INCREDIBLE fashion sense) was not what people were talking about.

I still laugh about the fact that when I joined the community I came across the "aces love cake" joke but didnt really get it, until one day I was watching a movie w my family and a sex/flirting scene came and I suddenly thought "damn, a piece of a cake would be nice"

By that moment, I had already realized that I was ace, but it really felt like a "Welcome to the ace community (again) !"





January 18, 2023 at 12:39AM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.