/u/Nikibugs on If I have to hear "Aces can want/have/enjoy sex" one more time I'm gonna scream

My gay BFF put it like this: “If, in context, an asexual person is going out of their way to tell you they’re asexual, is because they don’t want to engage in sex with you or anyone at all, lay off.”

Can’t say he’s wrong, but this is also a guy who at one point would say he’s asexual so people would stop trying to pursue him before he felt safe coming out. He knows personally that did not stop people. Trash people will be trash regardless. (Still not the happiest he did that, using a sexuality as a mask and contributing to allos idea asexuality is a phase/fake ._.)

I share sentiments with the post topic while acknowledging inclusivity is important. It’s hard not to express become increasingly frustrating that after finally gaining visibility, it’s increasingly being met with “but I heard-“, or defined as “still wants sex just no attraction” because of the constant asterisk. Trash people will be trash regardless.





January 12, 2023 at 11:30PM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.