A little advice will be greatly appreciated!

Hello peeps. I will try to keep this short.

So at the beginning of December, I met this wonderful girl, with whom we completely hit it off. Awesome understanding, vibe, connection and etc.
However, two weeks after we started dating, her ex contacted her and she broke it off with me.
Me being in similar situations before, I was kinda sad about it, but generally took it okay.

I texted her a few times after that and she was cold and distant, but I figured what she was doing - trying to make me hate her for what she did.
After that I stopped, Christmas came up, and New Year's, No contact was still going after the last text.
So last Monday, out of the blue, she sent me this picture of her and of a cute reindeer toy I got her, saying it kept reminding her of me, how she acted on purpose to make me hate her and she was sorry about it. As I said before, I understood what she was doing and I told her no hard feelings, we are good. We texted for a bit and I went to bed.
The next day, in the evening, again she texted me, but this time it was serious. She texted "HELP", and I immediately called her to see what was going on.
Some drunk, drugged guy confronted her in the park on the other side of town and was pushing himself towards her, wouldn't let her leave, bothering her and she was scared af.

I went with my car right away, got her, and left the place. She was in complete shock - trembling, crying, panic attack (this has never happened to her before). Got her to my place, made her some tea, and hugged her for a bit until she calmed down and we both fell asleep.

The next morning I drove her to her place and again I hugged her, kissed her forehead and left.
She was way better by then.
The same evening, we texted for a bit and a question was bugging me that I wanted to ask her - "You went back to your ex, where was he last night?" To which she responded that it didn't work out with him. (When does it ever work with an ex? :D)

Then I asked her a question that maybe I should not have, but at the same time, I wanted to.
"Would you want to give us a second shot?"

She responded positively but at the same time was a little reserved.

Bottom line is that we both like each other a lot. Both of us want to be with each other, but she said she is afraid that she might hurt me in some way. And that is the main thing that is stopping her from taking the leap.

I think we might meet up next week, so we will talk then as well, but I wanted to ask you guys for some advice on how to proceed in this matter.

Thank you in advance! :)



Submitted January 13, 2023 at 01:15AM

Hello peeps. I will try to keep this short.So at the beginning of December, I met this wonderful girl, with whom we completely hit it off. Awesome understanding, vibe, connection and etc.However, two weeks after we started dating, her ex contacted her and she broke it off with me.Me being in similar situations before, I was kinda sad about it, but generally took it okay.I texted her a few times after that and she was cold and distant, but I figured what she was doing - trying to make me hate her for what she did.After that I stopped, Christmas came up, and New Year's, No contact was still going after the last text.So last Monday, out of the blue, she sent me this picture of her and of a cute reindeer toy I got her, saying it kept reminding her of me, how she acted on purpose to make me hate her and she was sorry about it. As I said before, I understood what she was doing and I told her no hard feelings, we are good. We texted for a bit and I went to bed.The next day, in the evening, again she texted me, but this time it was serious. She texted "HELP", and I immediately called her to see what was going on.Some drunk, drugged guy confronted her in the park on the other side of town and was pushing himself towards her, wouldn't let her leave, bothering her and she was scared af.I went with my car right away, got her, and left the place. She was in complete shock - trembling, crying, panic attack (this has never happened to her before). Got her to my place, made her some tea, and hugged her for a bit until she calmed down and we both fell asleep.The next morning I drove her to her place and again I hugged her, kissed her forehead and left.She was way better by then.The same evening, we texted for a bit and a question was bugging me that I wanted to ask her - "You went back to your ex, where was he last night?" To which she responded that it didn't work out with him. (When does it ever work with an ex? :D)Then I asked her a question that maybe I should not have, but at the same time, I wanted to."Would you want to give us a second shot?"She responded positively but at the same time was a little reserved.Bottom line is that we both like each other a lot. Both of us want to be with each other, but she said she is afraid that she might hurt me in some way. And that is the main thing that is stopping her from taking the leap.I think we might meet up next week, so we will talk then as well, but I wanted to ask you guys for some advice on how to proceed in this matter.Thank you in advance! :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.