Undiagnosed Autism/Neurodivergence and Dating Apps

For awhile I've always felt different from a whole lot of others ever since I was a kid, and being the middle child made it difficult for me to figure out myself medically just due to what my birth giver thought she could get away with. I've "dated" before in school but it was either pity dates or just someone who needed a date to prom. Even though in my heart I thought it was legit, it never was and I ended up calling it a "six-month curse" due to how long the "dates" lasted.

I've read up on some stuff people post in r/You Should Know and r/Life Pro Tips and can kinda understand some things like: trying to set some time for human touch like massages or professional cuddling (first time I've ever heard of that) and if you want companionship electing for a pet can help. But I just honestly feel like deep in me, I want a partner in life.

There's not much I know about the dating scene other than some apps like Hinge or Bumble. I tried signing up for a local dating thing but that fell through, and because I just try and limit myself out in public makes it so that social interactions are a mountain to climb.

I'm wondering if anyone else that feels the same has some experiences they can share, if they were successful or learned something from a dating experience. Anything helps, thanks all.



Submitted January 12, 2023 at 01:16AM

For awhile I've always felt different from a whole lot of others ever since I was a kid, and being the middle child made it difficult for me to figure out myself medically just due to what my birth giver thought she could get away with. I've "dated" before in school but it was either pity dates or just someone who needed a date to prom. Even though in my heart I thought it was legit, it never was and I ended up calling it a "six-month curse" due to how long the "dates" lasted.I've read up on some stuff people post in r/You Should Know and r/Life Pro Tips and can kinda understand some things like: trying to set some time for human touch like massages or professional cuddling (first time I've ever heard of that) and if you want companionship electing for a pet can help. But I just honestly feel like deep in me, I want a partner in life.There's not much I know about the dating scene other than some apps like Hinge or Bumble. I tried signing up for a local dating thing but that fell through, and because I just try and limit myself out in public makes it so that social interactions are a mountain to climb.I'm wondering if anyone else that feels the same has some experiences they can share, if they were successful or learned something from a dating experience. Anything helps, thanks all.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.