Talking to a guy and really confused. Is this poor communication skills or is he not into me?

(31 M, 30F) Context: he’s mentioned he has to help with his grandma who is 95 and has dementia and his dad who has stage 4 cancer. We met in person at a bar so not OLD. After our first date he immediate asked to see me Friday.The first time he asked, I said I’d let him know but my fault, I wasn’t very clear and he never followed up. I messaged day off and said I’d availability that day but then he said he’d to go see his grandma cos she had some issues in her home.

We messaged in between and he’d even double text the next day if I didn’t respond

Our 2nd date was great (Thursday) after the date he immediately asked to see me Monday after he got back from his work trip. He’s back Sunday. Of which I was very clear and said yes I was down. He’d also been specific about wanting to see where this went.

Below is a summary text conversation

(Monday) Me: Hi are we still hanging out today?

(Monday) Him: I’m sorry still in (city) for work and had to extend my trip till Tuesday. I’d love to see you when I get back Wednesday.

Him: Just want to remind you, you also lost a bet to me and owe me a date to the driving range.

(Tuesday) Me: So Wednesday works for me as I have plans Thursday, could you confirm timings when you get a chance?

Also could you do me a favor, if we make plans and there's a chance we might have to reschedule, Id really appreciate a heads up so I can allocate the time to something else.

Him: In that case! Why don’t we do something this weekend since my week days are forever changing and I don’t want to cause any trouble for you!

(Wednesday) Me: Alright we can do Saturday, please let me know what time you’re thinking closer to then

Me: And yes I know I owe you this date and here are the rules for redemption. Bla bla bla - I’m making it fun for us. You have the option of picking ONE of the below prize winnings..(some fun incentives for him)

Him: I’m gonna have to practice my golf game! I need a hole in one 🤣

Me: I hope you get a hole in one too. I’m curious which one you’d pick 😂

Anyway he hasn’t followed up and it’s Friday but I’m between he does like my posts on Instagram. I have a busy social life so I’ll be fine regardless and I always have something going on but this behavior seems pretty weird to me. Idk if he’s overwhelmed due to family or poor communication or just not that into me?



Submitted January 21, 2023 at 01:14AM

(31 M, 30F) Context: he’s mentioned he has to help with his grandma who is 95 and has dementia and his dad who has stage 4 cancer. We met in person at a bar so not OLD. After our first date he immediate asked to see me Friday.The first time he asked, I said I’d let him know but my fault, I wasn’t very clear and he never followed up. I messaged day off and said I’d availability that day but then he said he’d to go see his grandma cos she had some issues in her home.We messaged in between and he’d even double text the next day if I didn’t respondOur 2nd date was great (Thursday) after the date he immediately asked to see me Monday after he got back from his work trip. He’s back Sunday. Of which I was very clear and said yes I was down. He’d also been specific about wanting to see where this went.Below is a summary text conversation(Monday) Me: Hi are we still hanging out today?(Monday) Him: I’m sorry still in (city) for work and had to extend my trip till Tuesday. I’d love to see you when I get back Wednesday.Him: Just want to remind you, you also lost a bet to me and owe me a date to the driving range.(Tuesday) Me: So Wednesday works for me as I have plans Thursday, could you confirm timings when you get a chance?Also could you do me a favor, if we make plans and there's a chance we might have to reschedule, Id really appreciate a heads up so I can allocate the time to something else.Him: In that case! Why don’t we do something this weekend since my week days are forever changing and I don’t want to cause any trouble for you!(Wednesday) Me: Alright we can do Saturday, please let me know what time you’re thinking closer to thenMe: And yes I know I owe you this date and here are the rules for redemption. Bla bla bla - I’m making it fun for us. You have the option of picking ONE of the below prize winnings..(some fun incentives for him)Him: I’m gonna have to practice my golf game! I need a hole in one 🤣Me: I hope you get a hole in one too. I’m curious which one you’d pick 😂Anyway he hasn’t followed up and it’s Friday but I’m between he does like my posts on Instagram. I have a busy social life so I’ll be fine regardless and I always have something going on but this behavior seems pretty weird to me. Idk if he’s overwhelmed due to family or poor communication or just not that into me?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.