A conversation (about penis size) that I had feared my whole life finally happened, and it went wonderfully

Hey! Some context, I (male, 25) was a part of an immature group of guys growing up who would tease each other a lot. They picked up that wasn't very confident about my size down there, and as guys do they just made fun.

It traumatised me a lot, and while no woman any had any comments or issues and it never affected my experiences, I was always waiting for a woman to call me out, ask about it or just reject me because of my penis size.

I was on a second date recently, and it was going really well. We were having drinks in a bar and she started flirting pretty heavily. She asked for 'a preview', explaining she meant for me to describe my dick size to her.

It finally happened, argh! It didn't help that she had previously told me she'd only dated one dude and was gesturing to a tall pint glass about his size, I guess cause she expected me to be similar? Idk, that was weird.

Maybe it was the liquid confidence, or the fact that I've been doing lots of therapy and am pretty confident in myself now, but I just straight up told her 'hey, I'm not like your ex. I'm probably below average? It's chill if that's not your thing, but I wanted to be upfront so you're not disappointed.'

I was pretty relaxed but deep down a little terrified I guess. But, despite all my dumbass friends telling me when I was younger that it mattered so much, she just said she would be interested to see if she prefers it, then quickly moved on to flirting some more.

It felt pretty amazing and was a big life moment for me, even though that might sound silly.

I guess my advice to anyone who is insecure about something - never assume what others are thinking or feeling about you, and remember to respect and love yourself regardless.

Thanks all.



Submitted January 16, 2023 at 02:16AM

Hey! Some context, I (male, 25) was a part of an immature group of guys growing up who would tease each other a lot. They picked up that wasn't very confident about my size down there, and as guys do they just made fun.It traumatised me a lot, and while no woman any had any comments or issues and it never affected my experiences, I was always waiting for a woman to call me out, ask about it or just reject me because of my penis size.I was on a second date recently, and it was going really well. We were having drinks in a bar and she started flirting pretty heavily. She asked for 'a preview', explaining she meant for me to describe my dick size to her.It finally happened, argh! It didn't help that she had previously told me she'd only dated one dude and was gesturing to a tall pint glass about his size, I guess cause she expected me to be similar? Idk, that was weird.Maybe it was the liquid confidence, or the fact that I've been doing lots of therapy and am pretty confident in myself now, but I just straight up told her 'hey, I'm not like your ex. I'm probably below average? It's chill if that's not your thing, but I wanted to be upfront so you're not disappointed.'I was pretty relaxed but deep down a little terrified I guess. But, despite all my dumbass friends telling me when I was younger that it mattered so much, she just said she would be interested to see if she prefers it, then quickly moved on to flirting some more.It felt pretty amazing and was a big life moment for me, even though that might sound silly.I guess my advice to anyone who is insecure about something - never assume what others are thinking or feeling about you, and remember to respect and love yourself regardless.Thanks all.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.