/u/TeachMeAboutOthers on Anyone else ever got the comment that you are evil for torturing a partner into a relationship because they are attracted to you and you arent?

The issue here, overall, is that Aros, especally in the Western world and America, have a "true love" in their head that is believed to be a mixture of all attractions at a 10 (regardless of changes in personality, physical apperence, age or other factors), willing to sacrifice for your partner (to the point of abuse a lot of times honestly if romcoms/love stories are anything to go by), and the "perfect" life.

Because aces and arose do not fit into the fantasy of "true love" by nature, they are demonized. I've seen people say its to be with a person who cheats and/or verbally abuses you then someone who doesn't "love" you.

I would argue that "love" differs person to person and attraction to attraction. I'd say if they are with thier partner they do likely love them in someway, but it isn't "true love"/the fantasy of the world that their is one true soul mate and thus its "wrong".

It's not just limited to Aro and Ace, but often referred to those who don't fit social norms of "love" like Polyam, those who don't want kids, various other sexualites and lifestyles. Aro and Ace are new to mainstream, and this was VERY much a thing for Bi/Pan (referred to solely as Bi back then) and various kinks in the 80s/90s/00s (and in many circles still sadly).





December 03, 2022 at 11:20PM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.