/u/Dewypumpkin on My mum keeps telling me I'm too young to know. Please help me understand.

You're by no means too young to know. I suspected this around your age as well [i'm 23 now for context. Also on the spectrum]. My mom doesn't really care what my sexuality is, and my dad is happy about it because that means I, his youngest daughter, am not interested in sex/romance and he doesn't have to get wigged about me being a sexually active adult [he's the kind of parent who sees my sister and I as children and can't handle the idea of us doing adult things. Told him my sister and her boyfriend haven't been intimate in a while and he looked like I slapped him with that reminder of our adulthood ]

Anyhow, apologies for the unrelated information. I'm unsure what could bring your mom around besides time and some educating. I've had guys who liked me not be all that accepting or hope i'd change my mind. Maybe like one thought it was spectrum related. Some people just can't compute that some people aren't into sex or romance because it's a "human" thing to feel or whatever. I hope she comes around and that your brothers mature as they age. Until then, I suppose you can keep doing what you're doing since change takes time





December 10, 2022 at 01:21AM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.