/u/beautifuncarefree on I think I have a crush, and I feel like I’m losing my identity because of it. Can I still be ace/aro? Is what I’m feeling even a crush at all?

Even if you identify as aroace, that doesn't mean you lose anything if you have a crush. You are gaining a new experience if nothing else. It's great that the label has been helpful to you so far, but it shouldn't stop you from living your life guilt free. Let yourself feel your feelings, whatever they may be. Things will come into place. Maybe you are ace still, maybe demi but you are you, regardless of how you name this part of yourself related to love and attraction.

Whether this is a crush or not, time will tell. From what you are describing it could be, but I see you're conflicted about it still so give yourself time. You're not in a rush to define it, or yourself definitively.





December 12, 2022 at 11:43PM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.