I [28F] feel forced by continually flaky people on apps into dating multiple people at the same time, but it goes against my values. What do I do?

I was trying to only talk to one person at a time on the apps. However, I would get ghosted and it just didn't seem to be the "smart" thing to do.

So I decided to just start talking to more guys. Over the past month, I've started significant conversations with 6 people and 3 ghosted me. Out of the remaining 3, I had a date with one of them and the other two have scheduled with me.

I like this guy I went on a date with, but I know that people change their minds all the time, and I do too. It feels stupid to not talk to the other two, just because I had one good date with someone.

However, I feel like if things do start to get more serious, I'm going to feel terrible I was talking/seeing other people during the talking stages. Since I would only end up with 1, I'd feel horrible if these other guys have been investing in me for like a month, only for me to leave.

There just doesn't seem to be one good way to do things. If I was being completely selfish, yes, I would date all three until one asked to be exclusive, but that could take months. It's also... not at all who I am and I feel like a fraud a little. I understand that men do this too, but it's just not what I'm personally comfortable with and I don't want to start a meaningful connection with someone like that. No idea what to do.

Btw, I don't plan on sleeping with all these guys btw. I'm sexually monogamous. I just don't know how to handle the initial talking stage if it's multiple dudes.

Advice??



Submitted December 26, 2022 at 01:03AM

I was trying to only talk to one person at a time on the apps. However, I would get ghosted and it just didn't seem to be the "smart" thing to do.So I decided to just start talking to more guys. Over the past month, I've started significant conversations with 6 people and 3 ghosted me. Out of the remaining 3, I had a date with one of them and the other two have scheduled with me.I like this guy I went on a date with, but I know that people change their minds all the time, and I do too. It feels stupid to not talk to the other two, just because I had one good date with someone.However, I feel like if things do start to get more serious, I'm going to feel terrible I was talking/seeing other people during the talking stages. Since I would only end up with 1, I'd feel horrible if these other guys have been investing in me for like a month, only for me to leave.There just doesn't seem to be one good way to do things. If I was being completely selfish, yes, I would date all three until one asked to be exclusive, but that could take months. It's also... not at all who I am and I feel like a fraud a little. I understand that men do this too, but it's just not what I'm personally comfortable with and I don't want to start a meaningful connection with someone like that. No idea what to do.Btw, I don't plan on sleeping with all these guys btw. I'm sexually monogamous. I just don't know how to handle the initial talking stage if it's multiple dudes.Advice??

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.