Can’t stop thinking about relationship from 2+ years ago.

I feel like a crazy person, I feel like my brain isn’t on my side and won’t move on.

I only dated this person for 5 months and I broke up with them twice during that span.

They were great but my mind bombarded me with their negative qualities and I couldn’t mentally overcome it.

That was over 2 years ago and I can’t stop thinking about them daily. It’s the first thing I think about when I wake up, and the last thing I think about before I go to bed.

It controls my mood and thoughts. It’s exhausting and I feel like a prisoner.

I broke up with this person so I’m not sure why I can’t just let it go?

I’ve been with other people since, I’ve journaled relentlessly, I’ve been to therapy, read up on mindfulness, read books on relationships, happiness, attachment, etc.

Nothing seems to stop it. I’m defeated.



Submitted December 26, 2022 at 12:06AM

I feel like a crazy person, I feel like my brain isn’t on my side and won’t move on.I only dated this person for 5 months and I broke up with them twice during that span.They were great but my mind bombarded me with their negative qualities and I couldn’t mentally overcome it.That was over 2 years ago and I can’t stop thinking about them daily. It’s the first thing I think about when I wake up, and the last thing I think about before I go to bed.It controls my mood and thoughts. It’s exhausting and I feel like a prisoner.I broke up with this person so I’m not sure why I can’t just let it go?I’ve been with other people since, I’ve journaled relentlessly, I’ve been to therapy, read up on mindfulness, read books on relationships, happiness, attachment, etc.Nothing seems to stop it. I’m defeated.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.