/u/leeeeaaa on Danish and French people here, would it be inappropriate for American me to try a version of your single/unmarried traditions?

As a french person, Sainte Catherine is really amatonormative and mysoginistic. It's not about celebrating single women, it's about saying oh you poor thing, we hope you find a man soon. In my region it's even worse because you start celebrating Ste Catherine not at 25 but once you get your period. So it's really like 'great you hit puberty now you have one purpose in life, finding a man'. My generation really fights back on it, asking our grandparents/parents not to wish us happy Ste Catherine. But if you want to take inspiration and make something positive of it go ahead.





October 03, 2022 at 12:16AM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.