/u/Neo_Ryuu on Am I the only who's "ashamed" of being asexual because of LGBTQIA+ community ?

No worries, I don't think your answer is harsh and I kinda agree with you.

I really didn't mean to say that the LGBT+ community is dangerous and toxic, that's why I tried to nuance by saying that the support provided by some people is really cool (and there are many more positive aspects).

Tbh, I never heard about the term "exclusionists" before today. I really thought that most people didn't care about the problems in the community because I've never seen anyone talking about it (except maybe talking about aphobia in this sub). I think I'm only seeing the negative aspects of the community because it's the most noticeable.

Oh and FYI, I don't really hang out in groups, I just see posts on social medias sometimes that kinda make me lose faith in humanity xd

My bad if it's already a well-known issue, I didn't know about it and I simply wanted to know if anyone felt like me about this topic.

Oh and btw I know it's the same for every community even if I only talked about LGBT+ in this post. It just doesn't mean that it's acceptable, regardless of the community. That's why I tend to stay away from a lot of communities/fandoms. Some people are just too much to deal with and even if I try to ignore them, sometimes I just cannot because they are too hateful and may discredit what they're supposed to be standing for.

The only thing I do not agree with : it seems like you're saying that pointing out issues = saying that the community is dangerous/toxic. I think we MUST point out the problems and try to make the community better. I think it will simply make it safer for people and give a better image of it.





August 17, 2022 at 12:15AM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.