Is there any way out of this nosedive?

Met this woman two weeks ago at a mutual friend's birthday, hooked up that night and have been on another 2 dates since.

Asked if she'd like to get dinner this week and got this response: "I do like hanging out with you, but I think that I’d like to prioritize looking for a serious relationship, and I assume you’re looking for something casual. I’m really sorry, and I hope we can be friends!"

-Some backstory: -I'm going through a divorce and neither party has told friends or family yet because we're only just coming to terms with our decision. -I'm going to be leaving the country in 4-6months to go back home, this is part of the reason of our divorce but I also want to leave just to put distance between me and that phase of my life.

I really like this new woman and would love to keep seeing her occasionally, seeing her has been keeping my head above water recently. I just feel like I've done a terrible job at explaining my position simply for not wanting to break news of my divorce just yet and getting my head around it myself.

She's correct saying I do want to keep things casual as I'm going to be leaving anyways and, even if I wasn't, I'm not about to jump right into a new relationship.

I hate the idea of 'just staying friends' so wondering if there's anything I can say back to come to a compromise. If not then I'll bite the bullet and see what her idea of beings friends is all about.



Submitted August 17, 2022 at 12:11AM

Met this woman two weeks ago at a mutual friend's birthday, hooked up that night and have been on another 2 dates since.Asked if she'd like to get dinner this week and got this response: "I do like hanging out with you, but I think that I’d like to prioritize looking for a serious relationship, and I assume you’re looking for something casual. I’m really sorry, and I hope we can be friends!"-Some backstory: -I'm going through a divorce and neither party has told friends or family yet because we're only just coming to terms with our decision. -I'm going to be leaving the country in 4-6months to go back home, this is part of the reason of our divorce but I also want to leave just to put distance between me and that phase of my life.I really like this new woman and would love to keep seeing her occasionally, seeing her has been keeping my head above water recently. I just feel like I've done a terrible job at explaining my position simply for not wanting to break news of my divorce just yet and getting my head around it myself.She's correct saying I do want to keep things casual as I'm going to be leaving anyways and, even if I wasn't, I'm not about to jump right into a new relationship.I hate the idea of 'just staying friends' so wondering if there's anything I can say back to come to a compromise. If not then I'll bite the bullet and see what her idea of beings friends is all about.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.