/u/CoeusTheCanny on Oh this is not good. As someone who fits this description (down to the age) I feel almost personally attacked.

Interestingly, research towards a cause for autism has been met with the same apprehension because a cause is typically only relevant in terms of prevention or cures. Both of which are understandably problematic. In fact, I've seen some people discuss how this may lead to a resurgence in eugenic efforts as if it can be prevented or cured, and if doctor's encourage this, then parents will take steps to do so, reducing or eliminating neurodivergency in adult populations. A bit of an extreme take, but one I can sympathise with.

This can absolutely be applied to pathologising sexuality, or inherently linking a sexuality with a disorder. It implies the sexuality itself is disordered too and can or should be treated or cured.





August 01, 2022 at 11:33PM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.