Dating etiquette

I have ADHD and anxiety, so dating is not easy for me. I tend to come off either too strong or too distant and it’s led to a lot of ghosting. I don’t pick up on social cues very easily.

Can you guys give your opinions on how often you should be talking in the early stages, and then after x amount of dates?

I personally really like when people are asking me questions and actively trying to get to know me, but apparently that’s asking for too much early on, hence me coming off too strong. So if they aren’t doing that, or if they don’t reply for like 24+ hours, I get offended, which I know probably isn’t right.

In my defense, both of my previous relationships moved at warp speed, so I’m trying to unlearn that behavior

Thanks everyone.



Submitted August 10, 2022 at 12:15AM

I have ADHD and anxiety, so dating is not easy for me. I tend to come off either too strong or too distant and it’s led to a lot of ghosting. I don’t pick up on social cues very easily.Can you guys give your opinions on how often you should be talking in the early stages, and then after x amount of dates?I personally really like when people are asking me questions and actively trying to get to know me, but apparently that’s asking for too much early on, hence me coming off too strong. So if they aren’t doing that, or if they don’t reply for like 24+ hours, I get offended, which I know probably isn’t right.In my defense, both of my previous relationships moved at warp speed, so I’m trying to unlearn that behaviorThanks everyone.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.