Is there any way to flirt with my friend and see if she’s interested without making her uncomfortable/potential damaging the friendship?

I broke up with my girlfriend 3 months ago. I have a friend of 2 years who was previously (2 months ago) very physical with me. She would put her thighs on my lap when we’re watching a movie, lay her head on my chest ect. She then went on a two month vacation to visit her family in Europe , where we flirted a little bit over snapchat (though admittedly the conversation kinda died out after about a month).

However when a mutual female friend asked her if she had any interest in me she very clearly said no.

So now I’m not really sure if she actually likes me or if she just thinks its fun to flirt with me and is just doing this stuff because she likes the attention.

We’re now back in the same city for the next two weeks, and I’m not sure how to flirt with someone I’m already so physical with… I was thinking about something like “can I put my arm around you” when we’re watching a movie since thats a little more direct than the playful physicality we have had previously. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can gauge if she’s interested in me? Ideally I don’t want to do anything aggressive enough to damage our friendship, especially since I’m going on a weeklong trip with her and another couple (who we are both close friends with) in just under two weeks time.

Really any advice would be appreciated, I want to gauge her interest without throwing away a friendship I really value/making a good friend uncomfortable.



Submitted July 17, 2022 at 01:07AM

I broke up with my girlfriend 3 months ago. I have a friend of 2 years who was previously (2 months ago) very physical with me. She would put her thighs on my lap when we’re watching a movie, lay her head on my chest ect. She then went on a two month vacation to visit her family in Europe , where we flirted a little bit over snapchat (though admittedly the conversation kinda died out after about a month).However when a mutual female friend asked her if she had any interest in me she very clearly said no.So now I’m not really sure if she actually likes me or if she just thinks its fun to flirt with me and is just doing this stuff because she likes the attention.We’re now back in the same city for the next two weeks, and I’m not sure how to flirt with someone I’m already so physical with… I was thinking about something like “can I put my arm around you” when we’re watching a movie since thats a little more direct than the playful physicality we have had previously. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can gauge if she’s interested in me? Ideally I don’t want to do anything aggressive enough to damage our friendship, especially since I’m going on a weeklong trip with her and another couple (who we are both close friends with) in just under two weeks time.Really any advice would be appreciated, I want to gauge her interest without throwing away a friendship I really value/making a good friend uncomfortable.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.