/u/Left_Town_5737 on Why are people like this

When I first discovered I was asexual, It was almost a year into dating my current bf, and I learned about the corrective r***, the dating droplet we had, all of that. I became hesitant. But he didnt scream, or shout, or sigh, or ask me on the spot to leave. I explained more, how I was feeling, and that maybe I didnt wasn't all that interested in intercourse. 2 or 3 years later, he still has the flag as a banner in his game. Whenever anyone cracks a joke about it, or what the flag means, or mistakes the flag for something else, he'll take the time to correct them. I cant say how many times I've walked away from the phone and came back to him giving a lecture on what it means. Many of us aces suffer and it pained me to realize that, you can have a partner who is literally your other half, who you can do almost anything with, your partner in crime. You can have all the best qualities they/you wanted. And yet by mentioning you're asexual, its an automatic dealbreaker. Some people want the whole package, or just that part of the package. But hold your heads up, because there will always be someone out there where that aspect isn't important to them or who is willing to compromise. Its absolutely horrendous how the world is guys, im so sorry :///





June 11, 2022 at 11:36PM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.